Become a Sponsor for Christmas in April
Who We Are: Christmas in April is the largest home
rehabilitation organization in
What We Do: Christmas in April brings together over 3,500 volunteers annually to rehabilitate low-income homes. This neighbor helping neighbor effort culminates in our Annual Event Day, held on the last Saturday in April. Each year, Christmas in April facilitates the renovation of approximately 100 homes and at no financial cost to the recipient.
Where: From Accokeek to
When: Our next Christmas in April Event Day is
Benefits of Sponsorship: Sponsorship of a Christmas in April renovation project offers:
- a positive association with a community organization with a long, successful history
- a team-building experience for your employees
- access to our community partnerships with other corporations, volunteers, individual donors and community-wide funders
- media recognition through editorial coverage, press releases, PSAs and thank-you ads
- prominent signage at your sponsored worksite
- a point person to assure that your sponsorship needs are being fully met
Sponsorship Commitment: Home Renovation Sponsorship is $2,500 with 25-30 volunteers
How Sponsorship Works: Once you have committed to sponsorship of a home, Christmas in April will work with you to match you with an appropriate worksite. Depending on the scope of the project, you will provide an appropriate number of volunteers from your organization. Included in this group is the key volunteer: The House Captain
• House Captains are key players in the Christmas in April operation. They function as project managers and are responsible for creating a list of materials for the work that needs to be done, determining how many volunteers will be required, purchasing and soliciting materials, and overseeing the work on National Rebuilding Day. If you do not have a volunteer who has the required skills of a House Captain, Christmas in April will assist you in recruiting one.
Guaranteeing Your Success: Christmas in April provides our sponsors with essential support to make their project a success. We have training sessions for House Captains before the project begins and provide individualized support as needed throughout the entire project. Additionally, through our years of service, we have developed a great network of contacts who can offer help securing materials, skilled labor and other necessary items. Many companies with no direct construction experience have participated successfully in our program and are available to share their experience with you.
To become a sponsor or for more information, please contact:
Mary Kucharski, Executive Director
Christmas in April*
301-868-0937 (phone) 301-868-1053 (fax)